Sunday, October 15, 2017

I can't dual boot Ubuntu and Windows 7!

I had Ubuntu 14.04 installed on my system (Toshiba Satellite Pro S500), with partitions as below (all on one HDD)



  1. Extended partiton
    1.1 Ubuntu 14.04 OS, mounted at / (root dir) FS ext4 200GB (logical partition)
    1.2 Ubuntu User Data, mounted at /home FS ext4 48GB (logical partition)
    1.3 Unallocated Space (to be used for installing Windows 7) 50GB

  2. Linux Swap, 2GB (primary partition)


I tried to install Windows 7 on the unallocated space, however it did not work. I tried deleting the unallocated space, however it deleted the OS partition as well as the unallocated space, therefore rendering my Ubuntu not bootable/gone. Windows did not install in the unallocated space at all, leaving me with not a lot. All I have is the windows 7 installer on a USB, GParted ISO on usb and my computer
Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...