Tuesday, October 24, 2017

macbook - How to make users with UID under 1000 appear in LightDM?




I've been trying to set this up, but I can't find a solution. It's neccessary, because the machine Ubuntu is on is a Macbook and needs to have access to the files of the Mac user. Is there any way to get this to work?



Lightdm has the config file /etc/lightdm/users.conf which you can edit to set a minimum UID. The default is 500. It also sets hidden users and certain shells that if a user has are hidden. Try editing that file and restarting lightdm.



[UserAccounts]
minimum-uid=500
hidden-users=nobody nobody4 noaccess
hidden-shells=/bin/false /usr/sbin/nologin


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...