Monday, November 4, 2019

MySQL install error?

I'm trying to get a lamp server running on my ubuntu installation. I have SSH and Apache working without any problems.



I installed MySQL with
sudo apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client




As usual with proir installations i've done it asked for a password. And looked like everything was fine. Except when i tried to test it out.
mysql -u root -p
Error Can't connect to local mysql server through socket /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock



I went to the file location and there was no mysqld.sock file. I googled around for a while, and one response was to restart via /etc/init.d/mysqld restart.



there's no mysqld file in my init.d folder either!!?? What's going on here? Any suggestions? How can i install and reinstall mysql? Is there some reason that the mysql service isn't installing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...