Saturday, November 2, 2019

apt - geoip-database-extra serious problem



OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS(Canonical)
Every time I'm getting the same error message again and again. Even, if I run any command in terminal still getting the same error message.
So finally I decided to download directly from the web and try to run. But that Download Page was also not working.

Even, I am not able to reinstall it.



E: The package geoip-database-extra needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.




    apt-get install upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: The package geoip-database-extra needs to be reinstalled, but I

can't find an archive for it.



OutPut From:- apt-cache policy geoip-database-extra




   geoip-database-extra:
Installed: 20160408-1
Candidate: 20160408-1

Version table:
*** 20160408-1 100
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status



Thanks in advance.



This is a serious problem. Try again later. If this problem appers again, please report an error to the developers




The geoip-database-extra package is located in universe section, you should enable it



sudo add-apt-repository universe


then update package cache and reinstall the package



sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --reinstall geoip-database-extra


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...