Thursday, November 2, 2017

apache2 - Ubuntu Xenial 16.04 libapache2-mod-php5.6 NO PPA

Problem description:



My intention is to enable PHP5 on Xenial 16.04 for an Apache2-related project




I have compiled PHP v5.6 from official source and am currently trying to install package libapache2-mod-php5.6 using https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/xenial/amd64/libapache2-mod-php5.6/5.6.18+dfsg-4ubuntu1



After attempting to resolve dependencies, I end up with php5.6-common from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/xenial/amd64/php5.6-common/5.6.18+dfsg-4ubuntu1 depending on php-common, however, after installing said php-common via apt, I keep getting following message:



    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
php5.6-common : Depends: php-common (>= 18~) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.



Do I also need some outdated version of php-common?



Should I also build libapache2-mod-php5.6 from source (and if so, are there any code packages suited to compile properly on Xenial)?



NOTE: I am NOT supposed to use Ondrej's ppa due to company policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...