Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS black screen after login

I have recently upgraded from Ubuntu 15.10 LTS to 16.04 LTS via the upgrade notification i have received.


The laptop boots up and i am shown the login screen with the 3 previously created accounts.


If i log in with the admin account in GUI mode, i am taken to a black screen. I can switch to a terminal and log in with the admin acccount, so the credentials are ok.


If i log in with any of the other 2 accounts i am taken to the normal desktop.


Any ideas as to why this is happening and how do i get the GUI mode back for my admin account?


I am new to ubuntu so i might not be aware of all the commands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...