Tuesday, November 1, 2016

grub2 - Grub rescue after deleting Ubuntu partition

Today I have a big problem; long story short, I installed Ubuntu in dual boot a long tine ago and I wanted to delete Ubuntu and I did so but incorectly, I might think, by reformating the partitions that were allocated to Ubuntu in Disk Management software provided by Windows (I deleted everything that was not related to NTFSC). However, I left this partition empty without expanding the Windows partition because I wasn't able to. Because I didnt know what ai was doing because I followed a random tutorial on the internet, I restarted my computer and I got :
error: no such partition.
Entering rescue mode...

grub rescue>
I already tried to get rid of it by tring alot of techniques on internet like using liveUSB ubuntu console or windows repair cmd or directly in grub prompt.



I wonder if I can get rid of it and CONSERVE my windows 10 version with all my files.



Thanks in advance for your help and I hope somebody is going to response because I am very tired of this problem



Thank you,
Dominic

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...