Saturday, September 3, 2016

10.04 - Pros and Cons of LTS Vs. Normal Release



Possible Duplicate:
What's the difference between a Long Term Support Release and a Normal Release?






I installed Ubuntu 10.04 (LTS) today. At the moment, I do not wish to upgrade to 10.10 nor 11.04 because I'm not a big fan of Unity and the new GUI. (I'm aware of the Gnome Classic option in 11.04) Since I'm using a LTS version, rest assured I will be receiving updates to Ubuntu until April 2013.



So my question is what am I missing by using an LTS? What kind of updates LTS version receives compared to the normal release? Are they just security updates?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...