Wednesday, November 6, 2019

package management - How to use stdeb with Launchpad?

I know that launchpad has the policy of only allowing upload of source packages on PPA's (as also explained here).



Yet, a python .deb package has all the source in it and it seems silly that one cannot use the stdeb extension and need to build the package manually... Is there a way to get around this?



EDIT: From the first answers it seems I should clarify that I am developer who wrote the code, so I am really looking for the quicker way to make my program become a .deb in my ppa. I normally get .deb package in my system with:



python setup.py --command-packages=stdeb.command bdist_deb



give that this allow me to reuse my setup.py script, which is standard in all python programs. I had a look at the python packaging guide here but it looks like I'm missing something, as it's hard to believe that in order to achieve the same result than the above one-liner I should work 10 times more... ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...