Friday, November 3, 2017

How to "finish" a command in terminal?




When I run commands and I want to exit, I just press Ctrl+C and it works. But there are some times when this does not work, and the only way of executing another command is closing the terminal and opening a new one. I would like to know how to force the exit. For instance, it happens when I run:



git log 


It starts reporting all the commits, and if I press ESC or END I can read the words END and ESC in the bottom, but nothing happens if I press them. So, what does it mean? What is the way of finishing any command?



In the git log example, just hit the q key. Q quits the current action. Q also works in the more command, and others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...