Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Installation of Ubuntu on Lenovo B480 Laptop

I have Lenovo B480 Laptop, a year old, having Windows 7 64 bit installed. Now, I want to install ubuntu desktop on it.



So, would like to know whether my laptop hardware is having 100% compatibility with ubuntu or not. My lenovo laptop specification is as given below.



Intel Core i5-3210 3rd Gen Processor
4 GB DDR3 RAM (Single Slot)

500 GB Toshiba SATA Hard Drive
Finger Print Reader for authentication
WebCam
Intel 4000 HD Graphics Card
Intel WiFi NIC
Realtek Ethernet Gbps NIC


Also, would like to know which ubuntu version is compatible with my laptop. Hope, it should be 11.10 & later.




Which application will be used to detect & make "Finger Print Device" fully Functional?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...