Thursday, November 10, 2016

drivers - How to install latest version of CUDA on Ubuntu 18.04

I tried to install CUDA on Ubuntu but got errors.



I follow official guide for installation. And actually I succeed on my own mac.
But on ubuntu 18.04 machine, when I tried to test those samples, it showed that no CUDA-capable device detected, but actually there is an nvidia GPU, GTX470.

Also, "nvidia-smi" command doesn't work, saying can't find the CUDA driver, but actually, if we run apt-get install cuda driver, it showed that cuda driver is already installed. You may check the error image:



Error message

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...