Saturday, November 5, 2016

cron - minimize skype after autostart


"Launch skype in the background" is not an option now so I'm trying to bypass it. I tried to add this line to the autostart file:


&& sleep 5 && xdotool windowminimize $(xdotool search --onlyvisible --class Skype)


but this command opens skype as an empty window and I dunno why.


I tried to make a cron:


@reboot sleep 60 && xdotool windowminimize $(xdotool search --onlyvisible --class Skype)

It doesn't work as well and I dunno why.


Can you tell me why these options doesn't work for me and how to make them behave itself? :D


Tnank you!



I updated to 17.10 and switched from Unity to Gnome. It fixed the problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...