Monday, September 5, 2016

programming - How make a configure/makefiles from an C file?



Hope this is not a stupid question. But here it goes...




Over the last month I have learned Programming in C and Gtk to a point where I have written a small program in C.



I would like to make a ubuntu package of my program. The project contains 3 glade files and 1 C file. I know that there is documentation on packaging ubuntu packages from a tar ball as per this question. How to create deb installer from tarballs?



But my question is how do I go from the 4 files to the tar ball state? I am not looking for the tar -cf ...



What I am looking for is a guide that will help me create configure / makefiles ect.



Source building for C applications is most commonly managed with the autotools utilites, using autotools is not trivial, better check a tutorial:
http://markuskimius.wikidot.com/programming:tut:autotools



No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...