Monday, September 12, 2016

I am not able to install this software 'zekr' from .tar.gz file

I am using 12.04. I was trying to install 'zekr' from 'zekr-1.1.0-linux_64.tar.gz' file I downloaded from http://zekr.org.



From what I could understand, it is a java program. I extracted the file and there was no installation instructions in it. I tried using ./configure after changing directory to extracted folder (I got this from some forum), but it says bash: ./configure: No such file or directory. And there was no file called configure in the extracted folder.



So please help me installing this software from this file. This file is not yet available in repository (though its previous version 1.0 does).



edit: This is the output of ls Al in he extracted folder. Sorry for late reply.



total 32

-rwxrwxrwx 1 faheem faheem 5628 Jul 5 21:27 build.xml
drwxrwxrwx 2 faheem faheem 4096 Jul 19 18:04 dist
drwxrwxrwx 3 faheem faheem 4096 Jul 19 18:04 doc
drwxrwxrwx 2 faheem faheem 4096 Jul 19 18:04 lib
-rwxrwxrwx 1 faheem faheem 4027 Jul 5 18:03 readme.txt
drwxrwxrwx 9 faheem faheem 4096 Jul 19 18:04 res
-rwxrwxrwx 1 faheem faheem 1166 Jul 19 17:59 zekr.sh


edit: Thanks everyone for helping. Anyway, I got from zekr official forum (google group) that what I had to do was run a file called zekr.sh in the extracted folder and it worked. Not exactly the way I wanted because I wanted to replace the current version permanently and to see it in application search. But it runs just fine for now. I created a shortcut of the file and put it in desktop for convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...