Sunday, September 4, 2016

boot - Make a HDD partition work like USB bootable in Ubuntu

How can I make HDD partition work like a iso bootable for a Windows iso?


What I have:


-Ubuntu 16.04 (dev/sda)


-Partition of NTFS (16GB) (dev/sdb3)


-Partition of NTFS (100GB) (dev/sdb2)


-Windows ISO


What I already do:


1) I already have a NTFS partition with 16GB (dev/sdb3)


2) I already extract the files of Windows ISO In the partition (dev/sdb3)


3) I already set the flag "booteable" to the partition (dev/sdb3)


Goal: I want to keep Ubuntu on /dev/sda and install Windows on dev/sdb2, with the partition dev/sdb3 (working like a usb bootable)

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...