Sunday, February 17, 2019

updates - Black screen after installation Latest Nvidia Driver 340.46 via PPA in Ubuntu 14





Just couple minutes ago I tried to install Latest Nvidia Driver 340.46 via PPA in Ubuntu.
For this reason I used this
instruction



The following commands weere executed:




sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mamarley/nvidia



sudo apt-get update




sudo apt-get install nvidia-340




After reboot I see only black screen and that all.



How can I fix it?



If you can't switch to tty by ctrl + alt + F1 combination you have to launch rescue mode. You can do it by holding shift after post test (before ubuntu start launching). Now select you want to have network connection and go to root command. You have to remount your drive from read only to full access:





mount -o remount,rw /




Now purge your current nvidia drivers installation by:




apt-get purge nvidia*





and restore older driver:




apt-get install nvidia-current




Now you can try to reboot.
(and in farther way install e.g nvidia 331 drivers)


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...