Saturday, February 16, 2019

11.04 - Intel Sandy Bridge no sound through HDMI

I am running Ubuntu 11.04 and I have an ASRock H67M-ITX/HT motherboard which is the Intel Sandy Bridge architecture.


I can't get sound to play through my TV on the HDMI interface. I have plugged in headphones and they work. I have also tried changing the device in sound preferences to the HDMI options provided



  • Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output

  • Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output + Analog Stereo Input

  • Digital Stereo Duplex (IEC958)

  • Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output + Analog Stereo Input


When I run the following command it plays sound fine.


aplay -D plughw:0,7 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...