Friday, February 22, 2019

compiling - How to create package including source codes, which compile during installation



Is it possible to create a deb package for Ubuntu, which contains source codes and automatically compiles them into executable during its installation?



I haven't found any tutorials for this, only tutorials about "how to compile package from sources", which is quite different thing from what i want. That makes me think, this might not be a good idea.




So, is this possible at all, and if yes, is it a good idea?



That's not how .deb packages work. They contain pre-compiled software, you can't just make a deb package with source code. I have a suggestion: why don't you make a .tar.gz package containing your source code and a script to compile it? The script should look like this:



#!/bin/bash



# here comes the code to compile your source code, like the usual. Change to fit your needs.



./configure




make



make install


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...