Thursday, February 21, 2019

boot - grub rescue prompt after installing grub into sdb

I installed Ubuntu Minimal 12.04 LTS from USB. Everything was OK. But, when I try to install Grub into /dev/sda, the installation stops with a "fatal error".


So, I just entered /dev/sdb (just tried), Grub got installed without any problem in /dev/sdb.


Then, the installation finished without any problem. But after restart, it says 'grub rescue'.


I had only 1 hard drive. So what is sdb? I thought, USB drive was sda, and my hard drive sdb. Is it possible?


How can I fix it?


UPDATE 1
I tried Boot Repair, but it didn't work out.
Here is my Boot Info Summary by "Boot Repair".
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/6433404

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...