Friday, February 15, 2019

Byobu creates new icon in unity launcher



I have locked the byobu icon in my unity menu. When I click it I would expect to have a window for this icon.



But this does not happen. What actually happens is when I click it for the first time, it opens a Terminal window, with it's own, new icon in the menu (so now I have an byobu icon which looks like is not started, and an unwanted terminal icon). If I click the byobu icon a second time, it opens a new terminal window.



I have this problem since I got a new laptop (ubuntu 15.10). On my old laptop it works as expected (ubuntu 14.04 LTS).



How can I fix this?




Edit:
From the comments:



The Exec line in /usr/share/applications/byobu.desktop:



Exec=env TERM=xterm-256color byobu


This is a known bug in BAMF, the window-matching framework that's used by Unity. I think they are still working on a SRU (Stable Release Update)—I seem to have byobu 5.97-0ubuntu1 on 15.10, and the fix is in 5.98-0ubuntu1 or later.




There is a workaround in comment #2 if you don't mind Unity associating all gnome-terminal windows with the Byobu icon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...