Wednesday, February 20, 2019

14.04 - Problem installing Wifi drivers dell



My PCI id is 14e4:4365



I am using trusty.




I tried to install drivers from this thread How do I install BCM43142 wireless drivers for Dell Vostro 3460/3560? and Broadcom 4365 wireless driver with 3.4 / 3.5 kernel Initially it was working well. After somedays I had to reboot everytime for installing wifi drivers. Recently I installed KDE and from that time it stopped working even after reboot.



My kernel version is 3.13.0-35-generic. Please help me I am struggling with this driver.
Also Is there some way I can change the driver to another say with different pci id.



Edit:
The answer was to remove b43 line from /etc/modules as Jeremy pointed out. Also I had some other conflicting driver which was to be removed.



With Trusty and the 3.13 kernel, it should be as simple as




sudo apt-get install bcmwl-kernel-source


And it might work without rebooting
http://packages.ubuntu.com/utopic/amd64/bcmwl-kernel-source/download



This updated version might fix it now


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...