Friday, February 15, 2019

16.04 - How to make .iso of current installation using Respin?



Can someone please walk me through the use of the Respin tool to make a live copy of my .iso that I can use on other machines? I am using Ubuntu 16.04. Furthermore, can I then use this .iso with something like Rufus to make a bootable USB?



The intention is for me to configure Ubuntu with certain software and then distribute it to others.




 sudo apt-add-repository ppa:sergiomejia666/respin 
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:sergiomejia666/xresprobe
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xresprobe respin isolinux


Guidelines :



 sudo respin backup (to make a livecd/dvd backup of your system)


sudo respin backup custom.iso (to make a livecd/dvd backup and call the iso custom.iso).

sudo respin clean (to clean up temporary files of respin) sudo respin dist (to make a distributable livecd/dvd of your system)

sudo respin dist cdfs (to make a distributable livecd/dvd filesystem only)

sudo respin dist iso custom.iso (to make a distributable iso named custom.iso but only if the cdfs is already present)


note: cdfs and iso options should only be used if you wish to modify something on the cd before the iso is created. An example of this would be to modify the isolinux portion of the livecd/dvd




Run :



 sudo respin dist cdfs

sudo respin dist iso custom.iso


(Time consuming processes)




Iso file will be in :
/home/respin/respin! Depending on the softwares you have installed size will be larger!


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...