Monday, February 25, 2019

partitioning - Partition splitting during installation

I already have a Ext4 partition on my hard drive. During Ubuntu's installation the setup shows me an option to split a partition. Apparently I am being forced to define a new partition, but I just want it to install Ubuntu in my already existing Ext4 partition. How do I do this?


Edit: I've taken a picture of my advanced installation screen. sda1 is where my Windows installation is, sda5 and sda6 are the linux partitions I already have. sda7 is my data partition. I'd like to install Ubuntu in sda6, without messing up my windows installation or the data in sda7. What do I have to do?


Installation screen

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...