Thursday, February 21, 2019

boot - How do I fix this problem with grub after installing Ubuntu server?

I've installed GRUB as part of the Installation process of Ubuntu Server 13.04 LTS edition.
This is the screen that I get after booting from my hard drive:


GRUB: Loading.
Welcome to GRUB!
error: file '/boot/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod' not found.
grub rescue>

I tried installing Ubuntu Server (after numerous installs) on my partitioned hard drive. I remember them as sda5 and sda6. The install was to dual boot with Windows 7.
When I first install grub, I used the i386 iso, but after I found out that I could use the amd version to optimize, I installed that.


Now, grub has an error and I don't know what to do.


Almost all the help tell me to use a CD-ROM, but I used a flash drive. Now, I just want to either repair grub, or get rid of Ubuntu and grub entirely, as long as I can save my Windows7 partitioned on my sda1-3.


I'm very new, so step by step instructions help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...