Friday, October 6, 2017

12.04 - Help with Synaptiks touchpad

I bought a laptop 2 weeks ago, wiped Windows8 off and installed Ubuntu 12.04.
I've been trying to install synaptiks for the past 6 days trying multiple fix's, so I could configure my touchpad because the touchpad hits my left palm when I type and consistently erases most things because of it and I cant 2 finger vert scroll.



I believed the problem was related to my touchpad driver but I had the its-saucy synaptics installed for everything. When I use xlist it shows my touchpad is identified yet when I run synaptiks it says it can't find a touchpad. Any help greatly appreciated.



The internal error I have is:

ExecutablePath: usr/bin/synaptiks



Package: kde-config-touchpad 0.8.1-1ubuntu1.2



ProblemType: Crash



Title:
synaptiks crashed with AttributeError in show_configuration_dialog():'SynaptiksNotifierItem'object has no attribute 'touchpad'



Traceback:

File"usr/lib/python2,7/dist-packages/synaptiks/kde/trayapplication.py",line 260, in newInstance self.icon.show_configuration_dialog()



File"usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/synaptiks/kde/trayapplication.py",line 241, in show_configuration_dialogself.touchpad, self.touchpad_manager,self_config)



Attribute error:'SynaptiksNotifierItem' object has no attribute 'touchpad'



ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.6



Architecture: amd64




distro: Ubuntu 12.04



if there's any directory spelling mistakes it's because I typed it all out

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...