Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Problem with NVIDIA drivers and encrypted partition (dual boot)

I'm trying to install Nvidia drivers on Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 but I have problems when I boot up.



My machine has 2 SSDs:





  • First one with Windows 10

  • Second one with Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 (on which I boot)



I installed an encrypted Ubuntu with LVM on the SSD.
When I booted everything went fine but after going to "additional drivers", and restarting, I get a black screen.



I tried typing my password to decrypt my partition but nothing happens.




Things I tried:




  • CTRL + ALT + F1 (tried to put "nomodeset" into /etc/defaults/grub") but I can't get the prompt.

  • I also tried to press "E" when the grub screen appears and to put "nomodeset" after "quiet splash"

  • I tried a regular Ubuntu 16.04 and check the disks



My graphic card is a GTX 780.




Is there something I missed ?



Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...