Saturday, March 26, 2016

networking - How to get my wirleless adapter to work with Ubuntu 17.04

I’ve been trying for a couple hours now and I can’t seem to get this to work. I've been searching all over this site and nothing has helped or I’ve tried it and ran into a obstacle. My wireless adapter is connected and is being picked up in the lsusb command but not in the wireless internet connecting box. I have tried so hard to install the drivers onto my Ubuntu system but I can’t since I have no internet and I can’t install git or wine or anything because it just says errors for everything I try to download through terminal. My hotspot doesn’t show up either so I can’t use that as a temporary solution either. The only thing that pops up in my network settings is vpn and wired.





  • NetGear Wnda 3100v3 adapter.

  • IdVendor 0x0846 NetGear, Inc,

  • Idproduct 0x9014



The exact error I am getting for install for example:



E: Package git has no installation candidate.  



For basically everything I try to install through terminal.



And other errors such as



E: unable to locate package https://github.com/jurobystricky
E: could find any package by glob AND regex (same address)

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...