Friday, March 18, 2016

custom distributions - Making a new distro without X but with Ubiquity

I need to create my own distro based on Ubuntu Server and I need it as light as possible (so there should be no X or any other stuff like that). By the way the distro installer must be graphical (Ubiquity of course) so that I can put my custom configuration forms in it.



The problem is that as far as I understood (I have tried Remastersys, Customizer and Ubuntu-Builder) you can not use X in your installer (live version) and not to have it in your final installation, but since I have just seen something similar I am sure that its possible to do so.



Is there anyone who has relevant experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...