Saturday, January 4, 2020

Ubuntu 10.04 broken package (build-essential)

I do know there are questions like mine, but I couldn't get it work reading their answers. I'm trying to install build-essential, but the package is broken, therefore I can't install the needed compiler.



The following packages have unmet dependencies:   build-essential:
Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or libc-dev
Depends: g++ (>= 4:4.3.1) but it is not going to be installed E: Broken packages


What I tried so far:



sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install build-essential -f


None of the above worked. I suppose the problem is in my sources.list, here it is:



deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid main restricted universe 
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid main restricted universe



How can I fix it? Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...