Saturday, January 11, 2020

Trying to get apt-upgrade working again on Ubuntu Server 16.04

My Ubuntu Server runs in a virtual machine. Unfortunately the server it runs on was restarted recently, causing corruption which required a full disk fsck to get it booting again.



When I tried to update and upgrade packages, I got error messages which I include below. apt update works as usual but the apt upgrade command causes an error. When I run dpkg -- configure -a, I get other error messages. I have tried removing and purging the packages mentioned but nothing seems to work.



I have tried the solution suggested but get the following error message:



enter image description here




Any ideas? This screen has the original errors...



enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...