Tuesday, January 7, 2020

installation - Installing Ubuntu on a USB stick from live CD session


I'm going by the instructions here:
How do I install Ubuntu to a USB key? (without using Startup Disk Creator)


Everything is ok except I keep getting the error:


open /dev/kvm: no such file or directory
could not initialize kvm, will disable kvm support
failed to find rom file etc. etc.

Then the kvm window opens but it is black and says remove disks or other media and press any key to restart.


I am booted up in a live CD session and trying to install on a usb stick.



Can you please try to make the USB key bootable using UNetbootin and ISO from Ubuntu.com?


Please keep me informed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...