Saturday, January 11, 2020

12.10 - GRUB missing after removing drive with Ubuntu

My work laptop is an HP EliteBook with one hard drive in it. On that hard drive is a encryption program that boots up called "safeboot", you enter your username and password and then Windows boots up. Wanting to use this for personal use I removed the CD drive and installed a 2nd hard drive bay instead. On the 2nd hard drive I loaded Linux Mint 14 and was using it for months. Then I wanted to try Ubuntu 12.10 so I partitioned the 2nd hard drive and installed 12.10. Now when booting up if I choose to boot from the first hard drive it goes straight into the grub boot loader. If I remove the 2nd hard drive and boot up it says grub is missing. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...