Wednesday, May 23, 2018

16.04 - Unable to install dual boot ubuntu on windows 10; caps lock key keeps blinking


I am trying to install dual-boot Ubuntu 16.04 onto Win10 w/USB stick, but after selecting anything from the purple menu (Try w/o installing, install, etc.), the screen flashes, goes black and then nothing happens except the caps lock key starts blinking. I've used this same USB ISO to install Ubuntu several other times. I've tried both USB ports.


Does anyone know what could be causing this?


I'm running Win 10 x64, v. 1709, build 16299.371; on HP Envy x360 15m-bq0xx, AMD-FX-9800P, Radeon R7 2.7GHz, 8gb RAM.



With kudos going to @Noki, I fixed this issue by downloading and re-creating the ISO on the same USB drive. There doesn't seem to have been a problem with the stick itself, just a glitch, even though I'd used that same ISO several times. With the fresh version, I encountered no problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...