Thursday, January 28, 2016

boot - Problem updating plymouth bootscreen theme

I've made a new theme based on ("/usr/share/plymouth/themes/ubuntu-logo").




Simply changed all the purple into blue. I've updated the .plymouth (bluebuntu.plymouth) file and script:



ImageDir=/usr/share/plymouth/themes/bluebuntu



ScriptFile=/usr/share/plymouth/themes/bluebuntu/bluebuntu.script



Then I ran:



sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/share/plymouth/themes/default.plymouth default.plymouth /usr/share/plymouth/themes/bluebuntu/bluebuntu.plymouth 100
sudo update-alternatives --config default.plymouth



(Selected my new theme: /usr/share/plymouth/themes/bluebuntu/bluebuntu.plymouth)



Then ran:



sudo update-initramfs -u


The problem is the bootscreen is still showing the purple version...

I even tried changing the names of all the .png files in case it's caching it based on name or something, but it doesn't work.



Is there something I'm missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...